• LMD DockingPack 2014
Order Links (switches to order page)
Downloads (switches to download page)
Screenshot: DockingPack runtime demo (1)
Screenshot: DockingPack runtime demo (2)
Screenshot: DockingPack runtime demo (3)
Screenshot: Docking Panels
Screenshot: Drag panels
Screenshot: VS 2010 style
Screenshot: VS 2012 style
Screenshot: VS 2012 style - docking zones
Screenshot: LMD DockingPack Style Editor (NEW!)
Components of LMD DockingPack 2014
Major new feature in Release 2014
A full blown DockingPack Visual Theme editor was added. It is possible now to design custom docking themes for any possible use case (most theme/style engines don't support all required elements/parts for advanced visual docking appearance). DockingPack can now be adapted to any visual design, regardless of used style/theme engine!
New features in Version 2013
Features from previous releases
- Extensive rework of internal engine and support of enhanced new and unique features (like e.g. tabbed document zones, advanced hotspot areas) to continue our aim to provide the best available docking solution for Delphi/C++Builder!
- New tabbed documents feature, which allows to organize application documents in tabs - just like in Delphi or Microsoft™ Visual Studio!
- Fully reworked style engine: stretchable 32-bit bitmaps which are based on XML style definitions.
- New TLMDDockManager.UseTabbedDocs property which allows to turn tabbed documents feature on/off.
- New TLMDDockPanel.ClientKind property, which allows to specify whether the panel is part of the document area.
- New TLMDDockManager.OnGetClientKind event, which allows to specify whether the client (including non-panel clients) is a tool panel or a document.
- New big-cross hotspot and its additional active areas (hsaDocsLeft, hsaDocsTop, hsaDocsRight, hsaDocsBottom) which reflect new tabbed documents feature.
- New Metropolis VS2012 style. VS2010 and VS2005 styles were also updated.
- Old TLMDDockManager.Style property and all its sub-properties are no longer available. It has been replaced with new public TLMDDockManager.Style property, which is a reference to the engine style object. New StyleName published property for design-time access.
- New TLMDDockPanel.OnClose event with CloseAction var parameter. New Release method, which allows asynchronous destruction of the panel (like in TForm).
- Floating form maximization feature preview (not finished yet, will be finalized until LMD 2013.1 platform release).
- Panel client area invalidation has been improved to reduce child controls re-drawings.
- On the "LMD Docking" palette page "New dock-panel" item has been added. The item is not a simple component item. Dragging it over a docking site will initiate interactive (drag-dock-like) process of the new panel creation
- "Drag panel content" mode has been added. In this mode the panel is immediatelly undocked and placed onto the floating site at the dragging start; then, the floating site form is dragged with the mouse instead of old semi-transparent blue rect. Don't worry, semi-transparent blue rect is still here, and used to highlight accepted positions :)
- Animation of hotspots and blue rect has been added. Alpha (fading) and bounds can be animated.
- TLMDDockZone.ResizeKind property, accessible at run-time, has been added. In addition to default proportional resizing defined by zrkProportional value, new zrkFixed value can be used to exclude some zones from proportional resizing algorithm.
- TLMDDockZone.Index property has been made read-write, so its now possible to set the index to specify the order of a child zone inside its parent zone. The Indexes of child zones determine they visual order in its horz-alignment or vert-alignment parent zone, or the visual order of the corresponding tabs in tabbed parent zone.
- TLMDDockZone.Width and TLMDDockZone.Height properties has been made read-write, so its now possible to programmatically setup sizes of children zones inside a horz-alignment or vert-alignment parent zone. Due to proportional zones resizing it can be still hard to set required sizes of several child zones, because assigning at each iteration the size of a child zone will correct sizes of other child zones within the same parent; so sizes, set on previous iterations will be changed. To solve this problem TLMDDockZone.SetChildrenSizes method has been added, which allows to set sizes of all children at ones.
- Docking pack has been made more consistent with VCL ActiveControl concept. Also, the issue, with several active panels (in case of floating panels) visible at a time, has been fixed. Now, a panel is painted as active, only, when its parent form is active and it contains form's ActiveControl.
- VS 2010 style has been implemented: antialiased rounded corners, antialiased panel header buton images, hot tab state, custom floating form border. Corresponding TLMDDockVS2010Painter class implements this style